Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Trials and Tribulations of Cafeteria Dining

The bad news is that my dinner choice is usually limited: whatever they’re serving in the cafeteria at work. The good news is that it’s only $2. Today I was standing in line, peaking over the heads of children waiting in front of me, to see what they were serving up. Survey says: fish sticks. I think to myself “Eww. I’m going to need lots of ketchup.”

Which brings me to my next point: Ketchup in packets is ridiculous. Who uses just one? And then you have to find a napkin or something to squeeze out 5 packets onto and then worry about it leaking through the napkin. Or you could squeeze small amount onto each piece before you take a bite, but that’s equally annoying. The solution to this unbearable problem? Ketchup in tubs. Honey mustard, ranch, barbeque sauce – they all come in small tubs. Why can’t ketchup? You get a decent amount of sauce in a convenient little tub made for dipping. Problem solved. Now, how do we make this happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment